Friday, November 14, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

My Doctor just came and told me I finally get to go home. Yea!! Now I am just waiting for the nurse to take care of my discharge which will take about an hour. I can not wait to see the kids. Dad is picking me up and I am going to go to their house and take a LONG shower and get rid of that wonderful hospital smell. Let me tell you it is NOT fun to go for 4 days without a shower! I have never been so excited to rip cardio leads and tape off of my skin!! I will get to spend some time with the baby and then it will be time to pick up Angelina from her play date and go home. Then I will get to see Ryan and Audrey when they get home from school.

After 4 days in the hospital here is the deal. They don't know. Great uh? The only test that came back positive was for strep. Strep? I don't even have a sore throat and I have been on an antibiotic for 8 days because of the pneumonia. How is that possible? But back to the migraines. They have no idea what is causing them. But the DHE IV treatment worked to break the cycle. So if it happens again that is what they will give me. Fortunately I can have that done in a Neurologists office. Unless it gets really bad again then back to the hospital I will go. They are putting me on Lyrica and Frova and we will see what happens. Gotta love it uh? We'll see how this goes and hopefully it will work. Not that I wanted something to be wrong but it would be nice to have a definite cause and be able to get rid of it and be done. For now we will continue the guessing game and hope this latest set of drugs will be the miracle!

No comments: